The proposal site is located on land on the corner of Monkfield Lane and High Street, Cambourne.
March 2018: The Submitted Plans
The submitted plans seek to develop this site with:
- 49 Retirement Living apartments (21 one- and 28 two-bed properties)
- Flexible commercial space, currently set out as three retail units, which will complement the existing High Street and create opportunities and employment for local business and residents
- An attractive modern design, which takes account of the original Cambourne masterplan and complements the existing architecture along the High Street through its form and use of high-quality materials
- Secure on-site car parking, offering 37 car parking spaces, including two disabled spaces
- Vehicular access from Monkfield Lane, and pedestrian access from both the High Street and Monkfield Lane
- High-quality communal spaces, including a homeowners’ sky lounge and roof terrace
- Tailored communal facilities, including a guest suite, mobility scooter storage with charging points, cycle storage, refuse store and lift access throughout the building
- New landscaping and boundary treatments on site
View and comment on the plans
The plans for development of the site have now been submitted to South Cambridgeshire District Council and will be determined by the authority in the coming months.
To view and comment on the submitted plans, please visit the Council’s online planning portal at https://www.scambs.gov.uk/content/search-planning-application and search using the reference S/0796/18/FL.