McCarthy & Stone is proposing:
- approximately 35 one and two bed Retirement Living apartments with 39 car parking spaces. Some parking will be undercroft.
- approximately 60 Assisted Living (Extra Care) apartments with 40 car parking spaces.
This will include:
- Much needed specialist accommodation provided for local people
- Ideal location, close to public transport links, shops and services
- Retaining the elegant, modern design of the previous application which would positively contribute to the local area.
- Reduction in height compared to the existing planning permission
- Sensitive and attractive neighbour on Charlton Boulevard
- High-quality landscaped gardens
- Low levels of traffic generation and car ownership
- Support for the local economy, with home owners more likely to use local shops on a daily basis compared to a conventional flatted development
- Release of family-sized housing in the area back onto local markets