The proposal site is located at Scania House & 19 Amwell Street, Hoddesdon, EN11 8TS.
McCarthy & Stone’s initial plans propose to redevelop the site with Retirement Living apartments, landscaped gardens and on-site car parking. Key aspects of the proposals include:
- A high-quality Retirement Living development of 27 one bedroom and 35 two-bedroom apartments for private sale
- Communal facilities for the private apartments include a Homeowners’ lounge, and a guest suite available for visitors
- Additional landscaping and boundary treatments
- Space for internal mobility scooter storage with charging points
- Low levels of traffic generation and car ownership compared to open market schemes
- 46 car parking spaces for homeowners, guests and staff in a private car park off the Amwell Street
- Ideal location, close to local shops, public transport links and services
- Support for the local economy
- Release of family-sized housing in the area back onto local market
More information on the proposals are available online here.
We are keen to hear your views on how we can prepare the best possible plans before we submit a planning application. Please take a moment to complete our online feedback form via the contact us page.